Parana information for the visitor
Parana information and Curitiba state guide – Parana Brazil is one of the Southern Brazilian states, bordered by Paraguay and Argentina. Also known as the State of Curitiba after it’s capital, Parana Brasil has one of the highest standards of living in the country, in spite of having a very low per capita income.
Parana information for visitors with an interest in ecology or flora and fauna:
- The state of Parana contains a number of different kinds of tropical rainforest that are extremely important from an ecological point of view.
- The Araucarias forest is one of the most ecologically important subtropical rainforests in the world, and what remains of it is in Parana state.
- The Serra do Mar coastal forests provide a unique habitat to a number of endangered species
- South and Central Parana, where the land slopes to the west towards the Parana river, has large tracts of the Yerba Mate tree, used to make a local tea known as Chimarrao
Parana information on demographics:
- A large majority of the population of Parana is made up of Brazilians of European descent, as the area became heavily populated during the 19th century as waves of immigrants arrived from Portugal, Italy, Germany, Poland and the Ukraine. Later on, there were waves of immigration to Parana from Japan, Syria and Lebanon.
- Parana, and the city of Curitiba, are very ethnically diverse. You will enjoy touring around Curitiba and seeing pockets of cultural ethnicity (including great ethnic food) separated only by a street. You might encounter Japanese, Italian and Jewish all side by side, living in harmony.
- Of the Ukrainian towns Prudentopolis Parana is the best known, also called the Ukranian capital of Parana. Ukrainian Prudentopolis Parana is an interesting town that is easily reached by bus from Curitiba.
The main cities in the State of Parana, by size, include:
- Curitiba (the State Capital)
- Londrina – best known for its excellent University, the State University of Londrina, which attracts entrants from all over Brazil
- Maringa – famous for the Cathedral of Maringa, the tallest church in Latin America. The conical shape of this unusual building was inspired by the Russian sputnik satellites
- Foz do Iguacu – one of the most popular cities for tourists, this city is located by some famous attractions including the huge Iguassu falls, the Iguazu National Park, and the Itaipu Dam, which is the biggest hydroelectric generator in the world
- Ponta Grossa – home to the Vila Velha park, with its amazing rock formations
- Cascavel Parana has a renowned medical center, well known for its excellent work in video surgery. It is also popular for soccer, home to the “Cascavel Parana futebol clube”!
Parana information is fascinating and we hope you will find out even more during your stay in this lovely part of Brazil .
Taking Curitiba fotos/Parana pictures can be an excellent way to store memories forever, not to mention the gorgeous scenery for Curitiba fotos/Parana pictures!
Curitiba Restaurants Travel
Curitiba restaurant travel can provide a treat for your taste buds, with any number of types of cuisine on offer. Curitiba restaurant travel has to be sampled!
Curitiba facts to entertain and impress. Curitiba facts and statistics on the population of Curitiba, environmental policy and more.
Curitiba links, references and link to articles. Start here to research Curitiba links and related web pages.
Map of Curitiba
Map of Curitiba to help you find your way, Curitiba maps including Curitiba Brazil street maps, Parana map, map of Curitiba and more.
Curitiba Sightseeing – whats nearby Curitiba to visit. Curitiba Sightseeing and day trips in Parana.
Curitiba Guide Books
Curitiba Guide Books and literature for North East Brazil. Ideas for Curitiba Guide Books for your visit.
Curitiba history and culture, Curitiba churches and museums. Curitiba history is fascinating and reflects in the contemporary Curitiba social life.
What you need to know about the Curitiba Climate and rainfall in Curitiba before you visit. Curitiba Climate is pleasant but somewhat unpredictable.
Curitiba Real Estate Brazil
Curitiba real estate Brazil – massive long term profit opportunities with Curitiba real estate Brazil.
Curitiba Night Life
Curitiba night life is varied and fun – what you need to know about Curitiba night life