Curitiba brazil crime and precautions
Curitiba Brazil crime does exist, in spite of the local belief that Curitiba is the “best city in the world.” There is in Curitiba poverty, crime and prostitution. In the Curitiba slums, or squatter settlements, over half of the population is illiterate.
In spite of the Curitiba Brazil crime and safety issues, there are many positive social investment movements that have been put in place by local government and given massive support from the local population.
Typically for a South American city, Curitiba has seen a massive population growth over the past 50-odd years. This is hardly a recipe for sustainable development, but a social report of Curitiba is surprisingly encouraging.
Jaime Lerner, three times elected mayor of Curitiba, was a key person who implemented many social improvements, including:
- Providing 1.5 million baby trees to neighborhoods to plant themselves
- Diverting floodwaters to park lakes and using local teenagers to keep the parks clean
- Creating many pedestrianised shopping areas that have benefited local traders as well as shoppers and tourists
- Alleviating the problem of orphaned street children by encouraging local industry to “sponsor” a few children each, giving them a small wage and food in return for performing simple maintenance tasks
- Creating a super-efficient bus system that is admired and emulated by architects and planners the world over
- Getting local cooperation to enable the city to recycle a massive two thirds of its waste. Even the people who live in the slums in Curitiba, “Curitiba favelas” which have streets to narrow to accommodate the waste trucks, still do recycling. These people bring their waste to centers in the city where they can exchange it for bus passes and groceries.
Prostitution is unfortunately common in Curitiba, Curitiba brazil escort services may be referred to as acompanhantes Curitiba or Curitiba garota de programa. While HIV is at relatively stable levels, and there is good awareness generally, it is essential to be extremely careful when it comes to sexually transmitted diseases in Curitiba, as with all cities in Latin America.
Curitiba Brazil crime that you need to be wary of is mainly street crime, particularly at night. Try to appear confident rather than touristy, which will make you stand out as vulnerable to a pick pocket or mugger. Rather than standing on the street looking at your map as though lost, it’s better to check your directions in the safe haven of a café or a shop. Curitiba Brazil crime is mainly centered around the bus terminal and the squares in the downtown city. The historic city center is also one of the Curitiba unsafe neighborhoods at night.
Guide to Curitiba Neighborhoods
A good guide to Curitiba neighbourhoods will help you to get around so you can enjoy your trip. That is exactly what this guide to Curitiba neighbourhoods does!
Beaches in Curitiba
Curitiba beaches are not one of the more prominent beaches of the city, but are well worth a visit because the beauty of Curitiba beaches is unparalleled.
Apartments for Rent in Curitiba
Apartments to rent in Curitiba provide a great alternative to hotels. In fact, apartments to rent in Curitiba are great for a longer stay to experience Brazil.
Gay Curitiba is just waiting to welcome you to its world! With great nightlife and an active community, gay Curitiba can offer you a great vacation!
Carnival Curitiba is far different from those held in the rest of Brazil and will give you a different experience! In fact, carnival Curitiba is unique!
Tourist information about Curitiba
Tourist information about Curitiba is essential to ensuring that you have a safe and fun trip. Remember this tourist information about Curitiba whatever you do!
Curitiba Afonso Brazil
Curitiba Alfonso Brazil is well worth a visit if you travel around Brazil for a while, but are cheap flights to Curitiba Alfonso Brazil available? Yes they are!
Curitiba shopping is accessible and extremely fulfilling if you take the time to enjoy it. In fact, Curitiba shopping is an experience not to be missed.